Organic raw apple cider vinegar (ACV) is made from organically grown apples and retains many of their beneficial components because organic raw apple cider vinegar is not pasteurized. Organic raw apple cider vinegar undergoes two fermentation processes where it produces enzymes and life-giving nutrients that make it a nutritious powerhouse.
Benefits of Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
* Has been used as a natural remedy for heartburn. After a meal, drink one tablespoon of organic raw apple cider vinegar mixed in four ounces of purified water.
* May encourage bowel movement regularity, thereby removing toxins from the body at a faster rate.
* Helps clear up skin conditions and blemishes to produce a smoother texture and appearance.
* May help with joint stiffness and discomfort.
* Breaks down fats so your body can use them instead of storing them. For this reason, many diets include organic raw apple cider vinegar in the regimen.
* A small-scale study on organic raw apple cider vinegar was conducted by researchers at Arizona State University and published in Diabetes Care. It was reported that organic raw apple cider vinegar helps reduce glucose levels.
* Organic raw apple cider vinegar is even safe for pets. It has been used to control fleas and promote a healthy, shiny coat.
What Can Raw Apple Cider Vinegar Do for Me?
The beneficial ingredients in organic raw apple cider vinegar give it the power to help us look and feel better and more energized. Some of the beneficial ingredients in organic raw apple cider vinegar include:
* Potassium supports healthy teeth, hair, and sinuses.
* Pectin regulates blood pressure and encourages normal cholesterol.
* Malic acid is resistant to harmful organisms.
* Calcium supports strong bones and teeth.
* Ash promotes proper pH levels and a healthy alkaline state.
* Acetic acid slows the digestion of starch which can discourage the glucose spikes that commonly occur after meals.
Differences Between Clear Vinegar and Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
Clear vinegar has none of the benefits of organic raw apple cider vinegar. During its processing process, it’s stripped of everything beneficial and can even be detrimental to your health since it is dead instead of alive.
Only organic raw apple cider vinegar has the “mother of vinegar” that makes the vinegar so beneficial. The “mother of vinegar” consists of living nutrients and bacteria. You can see it settled on the bottom of the bottle. It contains all the healthy ingredients so be sure to shake the bottle well before pouring.
How Do I Take Raw Apple Cider Vinegar?
Mixing organic raw apple cider vinegar with organic honey (another powerhouse superfood) produces a tasty treat that offers many health benefits. It’s a great drink for fast energy. In a large pitcher, combine:
* 2 tablespoons of organic raw apple cider vinegar
* 1 gallon of purified water
* Raw, locally-harvested honey to taste
Raw honey tastes great, supports energy levels, boosts the immune system, and much more.
You can also find organic raw apple cider vinegar in tablet or capsule form. I do not recommend those sources because they are dried and not alive like the liquid.
Organic raw apple cider vinegar is strong; I recommend diluting it with water before consuming. One tablespoon per 32 ounces of water is a good ratio to make a general wellness tonic.
My Personal Recommendation
I use Bragg’s Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar on a daily basis and recommend it over every other brand on the market.
Written by Dr. Edward Group DC, NP, DACBN, DCBCN, DABFM and published by the Global Healing Center ~ October 5, 2015.
FAIR USE NOTICE: This site contains copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available in our efforts to advance understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy, scientific, and social justice issues, etc. We believe this constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U. S. C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes. For more information go to: http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml“